Tarentum Today

This is for the people that haven't been back to Tarentum for awhile and wonder what it looks like today. Some places are gone some have changed, like Henrys, gone, but you still will visualize where the places used to be and how it was. Good old Tarentum. When I meet people they ask where I’m from, I tell them Tarentum but I now live in Natrona Hgts. Another question I get asked a lot these days are why in the hell did you get on the school board? Well the number one reason among many others is there was rumors that the past board wanted to tear down my Alma Mater. Me said over my dead body. I am working on pictures from the past also. That will be the next project. So if any of you can contribute with some kind words and some pictures I would really appreciate it. Oh. I was talking to old dog Tim Christy and he is going to hook me up with some pre-60’s year books Remember to enlarge the picture, most will if you click on that pic. Thanks and enjoy

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

 

TARENTUM BRIDGE / PLAYGROUND BELOW


Comments:
I remember Gym classes, and playing Baseball in that playground.
 
I remember Coach Warnier had a softball throw from Ross street side of the playground for our Gym class. He wanted to see how far we could through it. Well I doubt anyone since my day threw it any further than I did. I hit Rapps house over that fence and almost hit there window.Oh, by the way a year ago I had to replace my Rt.shoulder ball and cuff. Yea lot a good that did???hehehehe It wasn't from that but it was from all the other throwing and passing I did.Point of interest, you grandparents and parents never let you child learn to through a curve before they reach varsity? I am a good example Old Doc Nold, Lil league coach, could care less hehehehe
 
How about climbing those grated stairs from playground to top of bridge?
 
I remember the playground and the steps up to the bridge. Went up there to walk to K-Mart! Lyd
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?