Tarentum Today

This is for the people that haven't been back to Tarentum for awhile and wonder what it looks like today. Some places are gone some have changed, like Henrys, gone, but you still will visualize where the places used to be and how it was. Good old Tarentum. When I meet people they ask where I’m from, I tell them Tarentum but I now live in Natrona Hgts. Another question I get asked a lot these days are why in the hell did you get on the school board? Well the number one reason among many others is there was rumors that the past board wanted to tear down my Alma Mater. Me said over my dead body. I am working on pictures from the past also. That will be the next project. So if any of you can contribute with some kind words and some pictures I would really appreciate it. Oh. I was talking to old dog Tim Christy and he is going to hook me up with some pre-60’s year books Remember to enlarge the picture, most will if you click on that pic. Thanks and enjoy

Thursday, August 03, 2006

 

WAS MANOS THEATER AND BOWLING ALLEY


Comments:
who can remember the last movie ?????????????????????????????
 
i give up tell us dangit
 
Was it the Three Stooges in Stoog Mania
 
Who knows the FIRST movie ????????
 
it was "Adams Rib" with Spencer Tacy and Katherine Hepburn and the line went around the corner about every night to get a ticket to get into the "new Tarentum theatre" Incidentally Shake, I beleive this was the old Palace Theatre. Not the one in West Tarentum next to Drobka's Bar. See I am older than you !
 
One of my many jobs was setting pins at the bowling alley. Later racking balls at Nicks. Uncle Jimmys fan club in the Manos was giving away a English Bike. After many weeks, I won. The Mgr said I could not have it. My sister worked at the place. So, he gave me a pass good for one year. Anytime they were open, I could go in and watch movies for free. Nickname-Spike
 
I too set up the duck pins on the second floor. The downstairs had double doors and the snack counter was half inside and between the double doors. The downstairs lounge had murals on the walls with a large mirror. Old ciggaratte stands and velvet or something like it couch and leather chairs. It was really cool! This is what I remember. Lyd
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?