Tarentum Today

This is for the people that haven't been back to Tarentum for awhile and wonder what it looks like today. Some places are gone some have changed, like Henrys, gone, but you still will visualize where the places used to be and how it was. Good old Tarentum. When I meet people they ask where I’m from, I tell them Tarentum but I now live in Natrona Hgts. Another question I get asked a lot these days are why in the hell did you get on the school board? Well the number one reason among many others is there was rumors that the past board wanted to tear down my Alma Mater. Me said over my dead body. I am working on pictures from the past also. That will be the next project. So if any of you can contribute with some kind words and some pictures I would really appreciate it. Oh. I was talking to old dog Tim Christy and he is going to hook me up with some pre-60’s year books Remember to enlarge the picture, most will if you click on that pic. Thanks and enjoy

Saturday, August 05, 2006

 

WEST TARENTUM

USED TO BE BARDS DAIRY, NEXT TO IT DRUBKAS BAR. THE M T LOT WAS THE PALACE THEATER



USED TO BE MURTLANDS


Comments:
I WOULD VIST LINDA, MY WIFE NOW, TO GET A LIME CHERRY COKE. FOUND OUT LATER ALL MY SO CALLED FRIENDS WOULD ALSO VISIT HER,, AFTER I LEFT???
 
I grew up with Phillip Murtland (son of the owner of Murtlands drugstore)for a span during school at Fawn elementary. His family moved near us out in Fawn/Bull creek road. I wonder whatever happened to him....
 
I remember my whole family, Mom, Dad, brother and I going to Murtlands for an ice cream cone. So sad it is closed up now. I haven't been to Tarentum since 1963. I was 12 when I moved to Arizona with my family. Anyone remember the Browns in West Tarentum? My father was Clyde Brown.
 
I went to school with Bobby Brown, I remember Bill Brow who rode my bus very ofter when I drove for PAT. I also remember the Brown's store on East Street
 
I also grew up with Phillip Murtland, going to Fawn, etc....we graduated together! I had heard that he may have passed away, but not sure if that's true....I hear that his brother (Curt?)is still very much alive.
 
Philip Murtland passed away in 1975. According to his neighbor they said suicide.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?