Tarentum Today

This is for the people that haven't been back to Tarentum for awhile and wonder what it looks like today. Some places are gone some have changed, like Henrys, gone, but you still will visualize where the places used to be and how it was. Good old Tarentum. When I meet people they ask where I’m from, I tell them Tarentum but I now live in Natrona Hgts. Another question I get asked a lot these days are why in the hell did you get on the school board? Well the number one reason among many others is there was rumors that the past board wanted to tear down my Alma Mater. Me said over my dead body. I am working on pictures from the past also. That will be the next project. So if any of you can contribute with some kind words and some pictures I would really appreciate it. Oh. I was talking to old dog Tim Christy and he is going to hook me up with some pre-60’s year books Remember to enlarge the picture, most will if you click on that pic. Thanks and enjoy

Saturday, August 05, 2006

 

WEST TARENTUM

USED TO BE Y.M.C.A.




MILL STREET,BUILDING ON LEFT WAS GREENWALDS FORD, REMEMBER THE STEPS ON RIGHT(GROWN IN NOW), ACROSS THE STREET WAS HENRYS



Comments:
They just recently torn down Greenwalds the building to the left.
 
I used to live at 714 Mill St.. There was a large brick building where the white car (in picture) is parked. The stairs going up the hill continued up a path that circled above the patio roof. It appears perhaps it is no longer there judging by the white structure next to the car? (Dennis Smith)
 
Shake: I think Stockdale's hardware was where the Exxon station is now. My Dad bought his first Lawn-Boy there.
 
Yes you are right it was Stockdales. We used the back parking lot when we would go to Henrys
Shake
 
Wow better late than ever to give an answer Dennisbut yes that building is torn down and if I'm not mistaken George Reese used to live there also at one time. Then a little further down Mill St was the old Adler We called The Hauted House? All gone.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?